Arkansas on iTunes U is once again seeking educators to transform instructional units into iTunes U courses, video collections, and digital texts that target content standards and use media to engage learners. We invite educators to complete the application and submit a work sample. Contracts will be awarded to selected applicants by July 15th. All contracted materials will be due by September 2nd.
Option 1: Create an iTunes U Course for iPad
- Should contain at least 20 materials that are attached to posts and assignments.
- At least 5 of these will be original items (videos, presentations, digital textbooks, etc.).
- You will also add materials curated from other sources (apps, web links, iTunes U links). See Creating Your Course.
Option 2: Create a Collection of Audio/Video Lessons
- Should contain at least 5 original lessons of 3 to 10 minutes each.
- You may also include PDF resources to supplement the lessons. (See Instructional Approaches for more information).
- Please make sure you have read through the guidelines for contributors and have become familiar with iTunes U content first.
- If you have an idea and want to ask a few questions before applying, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit your online application below or click here.
- Submit your work sample as instructed.
- Application process closes July 15, 2016. Apply early to get started sooner!
- Contract and other paperwork will be sent for you to sign and return.
- We urge you to share your work-in-progress for feedback at any time, with minimum of one status update in August.
- Your content must be delivered by September 2, 2016. The content must meet technical guidelines, be professional quality and fulfill the specifications set forth in the application.
- Payment will be processed in late September upon approval of final content. For collections, we pay $175 per track. For courses, we pay up to $1,000. For interactive books, we pay up to $400. The maximum monetary amount awarded to an educator will not exceed $1,400.
- The summer contract opportunity offered by Arkansas on iTunes U is in no way meant to come in direct conflict with any contractual obligations that you may have already committed to. It is recommended that you check with your current employer to insure that you are neither in breech of contract or in violation of personnel policy before you apply.